Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This one's a good egg


Why are all small things cute? Who cares, I have a teeny, tiny wittle egg pan that I want to talk about because it is just so adorable. Thank you, Grandma, for the most perfect of perfect Christmas presents.
I was excited to use my new tool to make delicious breakfast sandwiches in my own home, preferably while wearing my furry robe and slippers. Grandma, you have given me not just an egg pan, but the ticket to an ideal morning. 
The pan is cute when it’s empty, and put a couple eggs in there and it’s just precious. It also happens to be the perfect shape to put on top of a bagel, an English muffin, or a frozen waffle. (!) Therefore you get a nice bite of egg white, not a thin, burnt sliver of egg that has spread all over a griddle. This particular morning, I decided to make a healthy sandwich to fuel me through a day of classes.
Wafflewich
2 Flax Plus multigrain frozen waffles
2 eggs
1 slice 2% milk American cheese
Cooking spray 
Spray the pan and put in over a burner. Crack two eggs into the pan. Leave for 3 minutes. Slide spatula under the eggs and flip in one motion. (This step is kind of tricky because you have to make the molded eggs fit back into the small pan.) Let the eggs sit for another 2-3 minutes, depending on how done you want your eggs. When the eggs are almost done, place the slice of cheese on top of the eggs. Flip the pan upside down on one of the waffles. Top with the other waffle. (and if you’re like me, serve with the best condiment known to man, ketchup!)

2 comments:

  1. just lol-ed in the middle of an Autism Speaks design competition meeting because i wasnt listening and was looking at your blog and i am soooo glad that that little pan is getting some cred. a funny picture would be that teeny tiny pan next to the mammoth black one that both tend to grace our stove-top 24/7... usually unwashed. my pam is your pam... just enough to keep us immune.

    ReplyDelete