Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sitting on a Dirty Curb, Not as Glamourous as it Sounds.



Bolt Bust to Boston, been there done that. But this was my first trip as a resident of New York and visitor to Bean Town. My best friends were waiting four hours to the North and I was anxious to get there, but as the bus-riders proverb goes, ‘One planning to ride standby will be punished.’

Wait, how much does it cost? It's kind of unclear...
And punished I was. I had to wait an additional HOUR on the sidewalk. New found respekk for sandwich-board-wearers and anyone else who spends their day standing. Sh*t's tough. So while standing on the street at 34th and 8th was not ideal, I found a way to make it work, (read: I found lunch!)I made friends with the man next to me and had him hold my spot as I got lunch and brought it back to my place in the queue. My lunch was the one efficient thing about my travel experience.  A five dollar lunch box filled with various Asian dishes of my choice made the most of my money. The Lunch Box, on 34th between 6th and 7th is a budget-luncher’s heaven. Amidst a horde of chain restaurants, cheap clothing stores, and scaffolding, The Lunch Box is a beacon of inexpensive deliciousness. And it fully supports a women’s right to choose. 


 And chose I did. I chose kiwi, cucumber salad, fried rice, eggplant in garlic sauce, and pork dumplings. Hello, feast.

Returning to the bus line I was forced to sit on the curb like a vagrant to eat my lunch. I was feeling rather down and out.  I was an hour postponed because of my own unpreparedness, I was sitting on the curb hoping for a Bolt Bus miracle, but at least I had my lunch box.

And you can get yours too.
  
Hello, hungry people.

The Lunch Box
34th between 6th and 7th
$5.00 lunch box with 5 dishes

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good! I wish I were closer to the East Coast. :)

    ReplyDelete