Friday, August 12, 2011

Living in Limbo


I love walking around my neighborhood. It is beautiful and changes by the block. I can get lost and love finding my way home. So far in the battle of Audrey versus the budget, Audrey is losing. I guess I get to throw a lot of my expenditures under the blanket of “start up costs,” but still. Does frozen yogurt count as a start up cost?
Here are some stupid things that have been taking up too much of my time:
- getting stalked by the owner of a gym that I casually considered joining. Now that he has my number I am getting more calls from him than from my own boyfriend.
- finding an air conditioner. Three hours, five stores, and 2 buckets of sweat later I have a unit, but Jesus.
- trying to steal wireless from my neighbors.

I have training for my job that includes a lot of “self-directed work time.” This may make me sound like a worthless lump, but that is a tough bill. Sorry if this is just me, but I would kind of prefer to have 25 kids sitting in front of me screaming “TEACH ME!” It is August and it is HOT. I need some motivation to get me working. And all these “hypotheticals” are seeming just a little too…hypothetical.

 
Plus I am just so busy. I have no time to plan a science curriculum, I am much too busy eating dumplings and staring at my boxes of crap, willing them to unpack themselves. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Getting motivated is tough when there is just so darn much to see and do! RENT is starting up again.....a must-see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.sainthollywood.com oooooo baby does this look like a good time or what?

    ReplyDelete